Top 10 Restaurants in Dakar
Dakar is a melting pot of cultures with a range of restaurants as diverse as the city itself. Here are some of the best restaurants in Dakar, Senegal that won’t break the bank.
- Marina Bay – A real corner of paradise for those who love the sea, the sun, and good food. Marina Bay is a restaurant/hotel located on the Corniche de N’Gor. It is a seaside restaurant with quality cuisine next to the swimming pool. It offers a very varied menu with international cuisine.
- Restaurant Le Lagon 1 – This is the first sea wharf in West Africa, the restaurant Le Lagon 1 was built in 1956 by Michel Calendine. Built on stilts, the setting is superb with a breathtaking view of the island of Gorée and all of Anse Bernard. Go through the front door, the decoration and the structure of the restaurant transport us in a luxury boat anchored on the ocean. The dining room team, looking like sailors, will take care of you.
- Dream Sports Bar & Lounge – This is an American sports bar restaurant located in the heart of the Ngor area. The menu offers several choices for vegans, including house salad, veggie kebabs, fried vegan chicken nuggets, and a smoothie bowl with fresh fruits.
- Le Ngor – This is a beach restaurant with a tapas bar. It’s located in a unique beachfront setting. The beach is not very big but the atmosphere is convivial whether it is during the day or at the sunset in The tapas area or in the evening in the restaurant. It is an original place with special attention to decoration in traditional color and inspired by the sea. The food is excellent and the view is stunning.
- Le Cabanon – Le Cabanon is a seaside restaurant on the Corniche des Almadies. They offer a rich and varied cuisine with quality products sublimated by their chef Daniel Garibaldi. Their cuisine lives to the rhythm of the seasons and their suggestions evolve so that clients can have the seasonal products on their plates.
- La Playa – In Dakar Corniche Medina, the restaurant La PLAYA welcomes you every day in an enchanting and pleasant setting with a breathtaking view of the sea. They offer exotic, refined, and healthy cuisine in a warm atmosphere. The restaurant is also at your disposal for all types of events (seminars, weddings, birthdays, business meals, after-work, etc.).
- Alkimia – Alkimia is located near all the hottest nightclubs and has appropriated an upmarket European beach resort vibe. The colored lighting and the lounge feel bring to mind jetsetters on the French Côte d’Azur, which makes the place perhaps more glamorous than trendy. The clientele is similarly more well-heeled than hip, but Alkimia is certainly the place to get a buzz, have a few cocktails, and see and be seen. Make sure you reserve in advance.
- Restaurant Le Dionevar – The Dionevar is a restaurant located at the tip of the Almadies. The staff welcomes you in a bright and friendly atmosphere. A large dining room opens onto a terrace so that the pleasure of the eyes meets that of the flavors. Enjoy fresh seafood, and wood-fired grills but also typical French cuisine. Also, the staff is welcoming and attentive to everyone.
- Redstone – The Redstone Restaurant is located in Les Almadies. They’re open 7 days a week from noon to midnight to make you discover American or Mexican dishes in a cozy environment.
- Le Bideew – In the cool shade of the garden of the Institut Français Léopold Sédar Senghor, this colorful arts cafe is perfect for a break from the city. The varied menu features vegetable curry, octopus salad, chargrilled pork, and creative dishes such as grilled prawns with bissap chutney. Sunday brunch is a hit (10 am to 2 pm).