The novel coronavirus outbreak began in March 2020 and by April 2020, about half the world’s population was under lockdown. This year might go down as one of the most stressful years in history. The repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic in the travel industry will come as no surprise. There has been a huge decline in travel during the pandemic as international tourism went down by 22% in just the first quarter of 2020 and by 65% in the 3rd quarter.
Long-haul travel in 2021 is inevitable as Conway predicted: “2021 travel trends will lean more towards domestic travel, with people taking advantage of newly flexible work-from-home policies to test out slow travel”.
With companies like Moderna, Pfizer, and many others working around the clock to mass-produce vaccines, we are certain travel will return to normal before long. In the meantime, here are ways to stay safe whilst traveling amid COVID-19.
- Maintain a safe distance of at least 6 feet between you and the next person as much as possible
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick
- Limit contact with frequently touched surfaces such as elevator buttons, handrails, and kiosks
- Wear a face mask and always carry your personal hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Always verify travel restrictions in destination countries, and have a negative PCR test certificate with you.
We recommend the purchase of Travel Insurance. Review our new flexible booking policy, which allows you to book a tour and change the travel date or travel destination at any time.
2021 Travel Plan Survey – https://forms.gle/q4ajYwxBYhAf3Din7