The successful candidate must exude the utmost professional versatility in the Travel and Tourism industry including some tour guiding experience.
- Must possess very strong communication skills and be able to make effective recommendations based on the client’s needs.
- Build and develop new programs for business and tour clients alike.
- Create enthralling tour programs and modify itineraries where necessary based on clients’ needs by diagnosing the client’s specifications and wishes while suggesting suitable travel substitute packages or services.
- Update travel guides with pertinent information through research of various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews, etc.
- Furnish clients with package prices while liaising with the Finance Department when sharing payment details.
- Keeping abreast with changing trends in the organization of travels from the onset, through booking tickets, transportation, tourist attraction entrance fees, and lately updated Covid protocols.
- Create and use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with key persons and bodies including accommodation (hotels, resorts, etc), car rental companies, ticketing agents, MICE venues, etc.
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints proactively and determine eligibility for reimbursements, and travel accounts creation to track balances, reserves, and carryforwards.
- Ability to tour guide professionally or some basic knowledgeable skills in tour guiding. Be conversant with bearings in at least Ghana, and neighboring countries Togo, Benin extension Cote D’Ivoire.
- Liaise with Finance Department to keep track of financial statements and documents.
- Have professional or trainable knowledge in tour guiding.
- Assist with car rental, MICE, hotel reservations, and proper dissemination of information between Operations and the Digital Marketing departments.
- Proven working experience as a Travel Advisor or Tour Planner.
- Excellent knowledge of travel software (computer reservations systems, GDS systems, and e-travel).
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-versed in various areas of travel (domestic, international, business or holidays, group or individual, business or MICE, etc.)
- Ability to present, persuade, negotiate and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure including deadlines and timelines while remaining in a Professional disposition.
- The ability to tour guide is an added advantage.
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and improvisational skills.
- Adhere to IATA regulations for Travel Agents.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships and strategic partnerships.
- Knowledge of the worldwide public media environment is a plus.
- Should have worked in a similar role.
- Experience in the travel industry is also an added advantage.
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of constant contact will be a plus.
- Google proficiency and versatility.
|Minimum Qualification||Degree in Tourism, Hospitality, Business Administration, or a related field.|
|Experience Years||Minimum 4|
|Action Required||Reply with CV and salary history|