How do I get started?
Let’s share the wonders of Africa with you. To begin, contact one of our Africa Travel Experts – we’re always here and ready to chat. Our general line is +233 501 633 428, and our offices are opened on Mondays through Fridays from 9am – 6pm GMT, and on Saturdays from 10am – 1pm GMT. You can also request a quote online by filling out this quick form. Once submitted, a member of our team will reach out to you within 48 hours.
What you need to know?
The health, safety, and security of our travelers and local teams have always been our first priority. We have implemented a new set of standards to ensure a confident travel experience for our clients, and a safe working environment for our local teams and partners. For full details on how we are protecting travelers and team members, please visit Continent Tours Safe Travel Certified Standards.
What do I need to know before I travel?
- Do I need a visa for my trip? If yes, who is responsible to obtain my visa?
- Except for Senegal which has flexible visa requirements depending on the traveler’s nationality, all countries in West Africa, require a visa for entry. It is best to secure your visa before departing your home country as visas are rarely issued at points of entry and in the rare instances when this is done the cost is much more than if the visa was secured in your home country. Many airlines will not allow you to board without a visa, so make sure you have obtained your appropriate visa or other proof of authorization to land in the intended country before arriving at your departing airport. We offer visa support services and will assist in expediting the application when necessary so feel free to contact us should the need arise.
- What is required for International travel to West Africa?
- Generally valid travel documents including a passport, visa, re-entry permit, health certificate, inoculation record, proof of transportation/flight for the return journey or continuance of your trip. The responsibility to secure the appropriate travel documents rests with you the traveler. Questions about the required travel documents should be directed to the nearest consulate or embassy of the countries you will be visiting.
- Your African Travel Expert at Continent Tours will send you a travel guide so that you can adequately prepare prior to the start of your African adventure with us.
About Travel Insurance.
We recommend that you purchase travel insurance to secure your travel investment as there are potential eventualities that neither you, your travel agent nor airlines and other suppliers can prevent. In case of an emergency that prevents you from traveling as planned, you do not want to lose your investment. We suggest you secure the most comprehensive type of insurance that will cover the greatest number of eventualities.
For a suggestion of Travel protection packages that are highly comprehensive and designed with the needs of you the traveler in mind, please contact us.
Does my tour package include flight?
Continent Tours holiday packages generally include arrival and departure transfers at the tour destinations. We do not include flights in the packages unless it is specified in a scheduled tour. Flights may be purchased directly from the airline, from other flight sellers or from us here at Continent Tours.
Travel documents, passport and Visa requirements.
Every traveler must be in possession of a current passport valid for at least six months from date of return, round-trip airline ticket / continuation transportation, and adequate funds for the duration of the stay. Obtaining a passport is the responsibility of each traveler. All travelers must consult with the appropriate consulates to determine if any visas are needed. Securing needed visas is the responsibility of the traveler.
A pre-departure information packet containing helpful general information on the destination booked, visa application forms, trip insurance suggestions. An official tour registration form will be mailed to the booking agent upon receipt of the required tour deposit by Continent Tours. Final documents including trip itinerary, emergency contact information, any airline tickets, luggage tags, travel documents and any necessary vouchers will be sent no later than 30 before the start of the services provided full payment has been received by Continent Tours.
What are the Health requirements?
Persons not fit for long trips due to health reasons including heart disease, chronic illness, physical handicap, advanced pregnancy and/or mental illness should not participate in rigorous travel programs. Travelers who fail to notify Continent Tours of such condition(s) shall be subject to the cancellation penalties and assume the full risk of traveling while in such condition. Continent Tours shall not be responsible for providing any medical care or special accommodations.
Continent Tours and associated companies reserve the right to disqualify a tour participant at any time if, in their sole judgment, a tour participant is not deemed to be medically fit for travel. Continent Tours and associated companies, assume no liability regarding provision of medical health requirements, updates, and/or medical accommodations. Our pre-departure information will provide general recommendations for any inoculations or precautions required for the destination(s) booked, however, it is the responsibility of travelers to check with their medical professional, local health authorities such as the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta (CDC) for specific requirements. Malaria is endemic to some parts of Africa and precautions must be taken. See your health practitioner for advice. Prior to travel, required inoculations, if any, must be recorded by each passenger’s health practitioner on a valid vaccination certificate, which the traveler must carry for proof of inoculation where required. If a traveler is concerned about taking any medications or receiving certain inoculations, check with your health practitioner BEFORE confirming your reservation.
How do I connect with Continent Tours on Social Media?
We are so excited to share with you updates on our specials, top selling destinations or new scheduled tours via our social media pages!
You can read Continent Tours blog here
Follow us on the following Social Media Platforms;
Continent Tours draws your attention to the fact that there are certain inherent risks in traveling to areas where wildlife is prevalent, and safari camps are by their nature remote. Your participation constitutes acceptance at your own risk.
It is your sole responsibility to seek and take all appropriate medical advice relevant to your health prior to departure as to whether or not you are fit enough to undertake the trip booked. Continent Tours shall not be liable for illness, injury or death sustained on a tour program which is not due to the gross negligence of Continent Tours, its officers, employees, authorized representatives or agents whomsoever.