Following the inaugural sojourn in August 2019, this is the annual (HRAD) Historic Return of the African Diaspora trip to Ghana.
You can control these tabs with mouse and keyboad.
Aria roles are given automatically.
- Arrow Key Left : Previous Tab
- Arrow Key Right : Next Tab
- Home : First Tab
- End : Last Tab
- Space/Enter : Select Tab
The 2019 trip presented amazing, thought-provoking moments for Diasporans as they went home to the land of their ancestors and interacted with long last relations. The 2020 trip will be a continuation of the 2019 events that took place Ghana: the land of Kwame Nkrumah-the father of Ghana’s independence and a co-founder of the Organization of African Unity; the country where the great pan-Africanist Dr. W. E. B. DuBois spent his final years; the land where Ashanti Kings still hold court and mediate disputes in time-honored traditions passed down through generations; the land that has preserved more slave dungeons used in the transatlantic slave trade than any other country on the continent. Ghana was the first sub-Saharan African country to gain independence from Europeans, and is today a thriving democracy, yet its traditions, customs and culture are almost undiluted. Ghana is now a 29-million consumer market with a growing, educated middle class eager for consumer goods, services and technology.
We will be welcomed by the people of Ghana, and will RETURN through the infamous “door of no return” at Cape Coast Slave Dungeon. Returnees will arrive from throughout the Diaspora including Jamaica- the birthplace of the great pan Africanist- Marcus Garvey; Central and South America including Brazil-which has the largest Black population outside of Africa. Participants will include seasoned travelers familiar with Ghana and the continent; first time visitors to the continent; great grandparents as well as teenagers, highly acclaimed academicians, entrepreneurs, elected officials, religious leaders as well as students. This historic pilgrimage to Ghana will be another triumphant homecoming to the land of our ancestors. We will return with mixed yet happy emotions.
- Roundtrip airfare departing from JFK
- Add-on airfare from most other gateways available
- Airport Meet and Greet and expedited Access through Ghana immigration and customs.
- 8 night’s hotel accommodation in Deluxe properties
- Transportation in Luxury Motor Coach
- Experienced on-location Tour Manager and guides
- Admission to all listed sites, events and performances
- Full buffet breakfast daily at your hotel, 7 dinners including the Gala Farewell
- Assistance with visa application